猛料原创 Public Schools will continue to employ in-person learning as the primary mode of instruction for all students.
Below is a general Q&A covering our procedures for 2022-2023.
Will families have a choice of learning options?
All 猛料原创 Public Schools scholars will resume in-person learning for the 2022-2023 school year.
In what conditions or circumstances will we move to virtual instruction?
We are prepared to move to virtual instruction for any emergency provided scholars and teachers have uninterrupted access to the internet and power.
How will the District handle future inclement weather days?
In the event of inclement weather that impedes safe travel to and from school or school infrastructure, such as insufficient water supply, the District will move to virtual instruction provided there is no widespread power or internet failure as a result of the conditions.
Are masks required for the 2022-2023 school year?
Wearing a mask is no longer a requirement for 猛料原创 scholars and staff. Although this is optional, masks are encouraged. Scholars and staff should monitor the Covid-19 community levels for our state and country. This will assist in determining the preventative steps to take based on the latest Covid-19 data.
Individuals may continue to use mitigation strategies such as wearing face masks, getting vaccinations and booster shots, self-testing, and physical distancing to protect themselves and reduce the spread of Covid-19.
How will the District accommodate scholars with an illness or experiencing COVID-related quarantine?Schools will work with families to provide instruction to students. Students will be allowed to complete any assignments that they missed due to illness.
Will students be expected to wear uniforms?
Yes. Students will be expected to follow the Dress Code of their school. Elementary and middle school students are expected to wear uniforms.
What are the advantages of fully-vaccinated scholars, teachers, and staff?
Two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a single dose vaccine, robust vaccine participation:
- Keeps the learning environment safe for in-person learning.
- Lowers the risk of transmission and reduces the severity of illness if infected.
- Limits school disruptions to in-person learning and extracurricular activities.
- If exposed to COVID-19, no quarantine is necessary for fully vaccinated individuals unless symptoms develop, keeping students and staff fully engaged.
Do fully vaccinated students have to quarantine when exposed to COVID-19?
If exposed to COVID-19, no quarantine is necessary for fully vaccinated individuals unless symptoms develop, keeping students and staff fully engaged.
What are the quarantine requirements for students who are COVID-19 positive?
Students who were COVID-19 positive may return to school after:
- 5 calendar days are completed from the day symptoms began, OR
- 5 calendar days from the date of the positive test if there were no symptoms, AND
- You must be fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication.
- Properly wear a mask for an additional 5 days.
- A negative test is not required to end isolation.
What are the quarantine requirements for students who are deemed in close contact with a positive COVID-19 case?
Students who are identified as in close contact may return to school after:
- 5 symptom-free calendar days have passed
- 5 days after exposure, if possible, be tested for Covid-19 to make sure you are not infected
- Fully Vaccinated students are exempt from quarantine unless they show symptoms.
Testing is recommended 5 days after exposure to a positive case. If close contact students develop symptoms at any time during their quarantine, parents are strongly encouraged to isolate their child and obtain COVID-19 testing.