The Youth Court School is committed to providing a quality interim educational program that will allow each juvenile the opportunity to achieve a higher learning potential while being detained at the Henley-Young Juvenile Justice Center.
The Henley-Young Juvenile Center Youth Court judges, court administrator, detention director, counselors, teachers, and staff believe that all students can learn.
The objectives of the school are to:
- Allow youth enrolled in the 猛料原创 Public School District an opportunity to keep current with their studies and facilitate their return to their home school.
- Give students an opportunity to succeed in their academics, which in turn can assist in improving self-esteem and promoting advancement to post-secondary education.
- Provide opportunities for students not enrolled in school to explore education re-enrollment, pre-GED/GED courses, tutorial, life skills, and vocational opportunities.
- Comply with state and federal regulation that require all youths to attend school.
- Ensure the youth's right to be educated.
- English, Mathematics, Reading, Science, and Social Studies are taught to Youth Court students.
- Pre-GED and GED classes are offered to students enrolled in the Education Options program.
- Youth Court's Education Options program provides opportunities for students not enrolled in school to explore school re-enrollment, pre-GED/GED courses and tutorials, life skills, and vocational opportunities.
- Red Ribbon Week
- Gospel Fest
- Blacks History Month
- Cultural Extravaganza
- Motivational Speakers
- Science Fair
- Spelling Bee
- Knowledge Bowl
- May Day Week
- College Day
- College Spirit Week
- Career Fair